This weekend I finished one of the Carley life floats. The painting consists of base coat, medium sea grey, gloss varnish, washing and semi-gloss varnish.

After the paint came the more tedious part: the rigging. First I knotted to 14 short pieces of 0.25mm whipping twine an eye which was fixed to the float by small drop of superglue. Then the two ring cords, which serf as handles, were knotted.

As the knots would have been too think they were done with the thinnest twine I found in a sewing store. (Remark by the poor bloke doing this bloody translation: forgive me but I have to look up every second f%*/ word even though I am sailing…)

 

Some pictures:

lafr-2f-3ef8

lafr-2g-93db

lafr-2h-c7e1

lafr-2i-2a38

lafr-2j-7647